Become a Monkeypox Vaccine Provider
Does your pharmacy see patients who are at a higher risk of monkeypox infection? If so, please consider becoming a Jynneos vaccine provider and help stop the spread of monkeypox infection. The current patient eligibility guidelines are as follows:
People who meet the following conditions:
- Gay, bisexual, transgender, non-binary, and other men who have sex with men, transgender, or non-binary persons
AND meet one of the following criteria:
- Have had multiple or anonymous sex partners in the last 14 days
- Have had any newly diagnosed STI in the past 12 months, including gonorrhea, chlamydia, early syphilis, or HIV
- Have recently attended or plan to attend any venue where anonymous sex or sex with multiple partners will occur (e.g. saunas, bathhouses, sex clubs, sex parties)
- Have met recent partners or plan to meet new partners through social media platforms (such as Grindr, Tinder or Scruff), or at clubs, raves, sex parties, saunas
Additionally, the following people are eligible:
- Sex workers (of any sex or gender), and/or
- Anyone with known close contact (skin-to-skin) with someone with monkeypox in the past 14 days
If your patients are eligible for the monkeypox vaccine, we encourage you to enroll as a Jynneos vaccine provider. The Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act (PREP) now includes liability coverage for pharmacists for countermeasures against smallpox (variola virus), monkeypox virus, and other orthopoxviruses. Read the monkeypox PREP FAQ.
Note: this vaccine is administered intradermally, and may require some additional training of staff to administer appropriately.
Please complete the enrollment form if your site is interested in offering Jynneos vaccine.