VFAAR Flu Vaccine Available for All Adults for the 2022-2023 Season
Why is VFAAR flu vaccine available to everyone?
- Use your existing privately purchased vaccine to vaccinate insured individuals.
- Order a supply of VFAAR vaccines to vaccinate uninsured patients.
- Do not miss opportunities. Vaccinate your patients with the most appropriate supply you have in stock.
Which supply of vaccine should I use?
- Continue to vaccinate uninsured adults with flu from your VFAAR vaccine supply. As reminder, you cannot withhold a dose of VFAAR flu vaccine because a patient is unable to pay the administration fee.
- Continue to vaccinate insured adults with flu from your privately purchased flu supply. However, if private doses are not available (because you’re waiting for your shipment or your supply is depleted), do not miss an opportunity; remember everyone is eligible to receive a dose from the VFAAR supply. And the VFAAR vaccines you use on private patients do not have to be replaced.
- Do not charge anyone’s insurance for the cost of the VFAAR flu doses. This is considered fraud and could affect your ability to receive VFAAR doses going forward. You can charge patients’ insurance an administration fee for doses of VFAAR flu that are administered to insured patients.
- Use the flowchart below to assist you with identifying the correct supply: